Friday, April 25, 2008

Two Sons that Make a Difference!

Today I gave Zack and Jeff their Blue Ribbons.

I turned to Jeff and said, "Jeff, the difference that you make in my life is what you have accomplished over the past 2 months. It's not about the grades themselves. You remind me that if you really put your heart into something that you want, you can accomplish it, no matter what! Thank you for that. I am so proud of you!" I gave him his blue ribbon and he thanked me with that beautiful smile that lights my world!

Then I turned to Zack and I said, "Zack, the difference that you make for me is inside of you being a leader. I see you with your friends and it's so clear that you are the leader of the pack. Whenever they have an issue, or something is not working out in the band, they call you and you are the voice of reason that brings everyone back together. When I am going through something and I start to get frazzled, at times I ask myself, 'What would Zack say to me?' And then I hear your voice say 'Relax, what's the big deal?' Just calm down.' And right away I am calm and clear again. So thank you for being the voice of reason in my life." And just like his little brother, he smiled. He took 1 ribbon to give to his girlfriend Yanela, and will give her the remaining two to pass them on :)

I got today that I am so lucky to have these two young men in my life and that to be able to share with them what they mean to me is a true gift!
Michelle

No comments: